UniCel® DxI 800 Immunoassay System
When it comes to immunoassay testing, high-volume laboratories have special challenges – you require exceptional productivity and ease-of-use, plus a broad menu to support a wide range of testing. And if your laboratory works with other satellite labs, you also need to deliver consistent patient results, no matter where the tests are performed. The high-throughput UniCel DxI 800 is your solution.
- Building on Strength
The UniCel DxI 800 is the premier analyzer within Beckman Coulter’s family of immunoassay systems. This high-speed analyzer, with a maximum throughput of 400 tests per hour, uses the same proven chemiluminescent technology, the same reagent cartridges, and similar assay protocols as other analyzers in the UniCel immunoassay family.So, your laboratory can deliver consistent patient results, no matter which UniCel immunoassay system performs the test. Equivalent patient results simplify interpretation by physicians, which helps improve patient care. For the laboratory, consistency between analyzers adds more benefits:
- Reliable system operation is achieved through proven technology.
- Operator training is simplified and reduced.
- Inventory management is less time-consuming.
- Menu development is optimized – resources are focused on delivering the panels patients need most.
- Streamlined sample handling
With the UniCel DxI 800, operators can load up to 30 racks – 120 samples – at one time or load racks continuously. Sample racks can be loaded directly from the centrifuge, reducing manual processes.
- The system automatically creates aliquots of the sample, so each rack is released in less than five minutes for testing in other areas of the laboratory – helping your lab improve turnaround of patient results
- Radio frequency sensors on the sample probe alert operators to short samples.
- Automated on-board dilution helps streamline workflow and increase productivity.
- Obstruction detection on the sample and reagent probes help ensure sample integrity and accurate results.
- Racks are compatible with Beckman Coulter UniCel and Synchron LX immunoassay systems, decreasing sample handling across multiple systems.
- Routine sample loading can be interrupted to load STAT samples quickly — your lab can take advantage of the system’s full menu without impacting the throughput of stat assays.
- With ultrasonic, technologically-advanced washing protocols for sample and reagent probes, the UniCel DxI 800 meets established specifications for carryover, eliminating need for disposable tips.
- On-board aliquot capability
The UniCel DxI 800 creates aliquots based on the volume of requested tests plus any additional volume required for user-defined reflex or repeat test scenarios. To maintain sample stability and facilitate any additional testing required, the system stores the aliquots for up to three hours in a patented refrigerated storage area.
- The automatic reflex capability eliminates the task of tracking down sample tubes and reloading them, improving efficiency and turnaround time.
- To simplify inventory management, the same vessel type is used for aliquots and reactions.